To get started on your own page, click on the lock icon at the top right side of your Facebook page and go to “See More Settings.” This tab will lead you to several security options.
- To limit who can see the telephone number and email you’ve provided: Go to the “Privacy” tab and look for the questions “Who can look you up using the email address you provided?” and “Who can look you up using the phone number you provided?” Click on “Friends.”
- To keep people from accessing your Facebook page via the Web: Go to the “Privacy” tab and “Who can look me up?” Then enter “no” by the question “Do you want other search engines to link to your timeline?”
- If you don’t want friends to see ads you’ve surfed: Click on “See More Settings;” On the left side of the page click on “Ads,” then find the “Edit” tab and choose “No one.”
More privacy tips:
- To restrict people you haven’t “friended” from following your News Feed, click on “Followers” and find “Who Can Follow Me.”
- To review posts you’re tagged in before anyone else can see them, click on “Timeline and Tagging” and select “On” near the question “Review posts friends tag you in before they appear on your timeline?”